|
Summer has come and gone, and the cool air of fall is setting in. It couldn't make me any happier. This time of the year is more than just my favorite season. My entire demeanor changes with the coming of crisp air and the turn of the leaves on the trees. It reminds me of being younger- the start of a new school year, an opportunity to have a fresh new wardrobe, etc. For me it marks the time when you are able to sort of press restart on your life. A new leaf. A new page. It's resonated with me from a young child, still to this day. Fall for me = a new lease on life and a new outlook.
This fall, I've given myself some new goals and challenges. Let me start by explaining that I've fallen madly in love with pinterest. That site and I meet up on the regular, and I can't seem to stay away from it. I am spellbound by all the amazing images and quotes and ideas. It simply fascinates me. It pulls me in and I can't get out! One awesome thing that has come from my love affair with pinterest is that it's incredibly helpful in putting all the thoughts from my kaleidoscope mind into one place. It's really a snap shot of me. It has given me a lot of inspiration as to what I really want from my life. Things that move me. Fashion. Art. Photography. Children. Architecture. Nature. Music. Love. Peace. Inspirational Quotes, and all other things that are unique and wonderful and full of beauty. One way that I'm resetting things this fall is by continuing to move forward with my jewelry stuff. In general I want to be doing more of what really excites me. Besides simply embracing all that is me, focus on doing it with a sense of purpose... we do only have this one life, and I'm not a fan of spinning my wheels. Whether anything prosperous comes from my visions and dreams, who knows, but I'll be damned to waste time doing things that don't really add color to my life. I'm not a beige kinda girl. So, Goal #1- Embrace what I love about life. Let myself wander closer to the things that make me happy, and just see where the road takes me. Goal #2- Keep at it. When you find things that you like, just keep going. Not every opportunity is going to jump out at you. You might have to dig a little. Goal #3- In the mean time, enjoy the path I'm on.
Seems pretty simple- but the daily grind tends to get in the way of my goals every now & then. A really great piece of advise I was given at one point was that "bills will always be there". While I don't plan on embarking on some hippie road trip to the desert to become one with the land.... I do think that there is a degree of joy that can come from simplifying and needing less, yet enjoying more. That's Goal #4.
Whatever your goals may be, I hope that you find peace within yourself, and follow my lead to think of this fall as a new opportunity, a push in a forward direction... after all, who are we living for if not ourselves? Cheers to all things you find beautiful in the world. Roar!
If you want to see more of what I'm up to, check out my pinterest page or my facebook page. You can find me at www.facebook.com/neat.and.sweet and http://www.pinterest.com/peachy0987/boards/. Hope to see you soon!
|
|
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Roar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment